Welcome to the Roman Catholic Parish of Blessington. The Parish of Blessington is in the Diocese of Dublin and lies 25km south west of Dublin City.
Blessington is one of the biggest towns in West Wicklow. It is located beside the Blessington Lakes and the Wicklow Mountains. Blessington is steeped in history with its ancient ruins alongside a lively community. Its ancient name of Ballycomeen (Town of Comyn) refers to lands owned by the Archbishop of Dublin, John Comyn (1150-1212)
The Parish is served by three Churches: Our Lady of Mercy at Crosschapel, St Brigid’s at Manor Kilbride and Our Lady of the Most Holy Sacrament in Blessington Town. In 2008 the Parishes of Blessington and Valleymount were grouped together adding the churches of St Joseph in Valleymount and Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Lacken.
We are very proud of our town and history in West Wicklow and it is a very attractive place to live. Like a lot of towns near Dublin City, Blessington has seen significant growth in recent years and is fortunate to be home to many young families. Likewise, we are very proud of our Parish and strive to be welcoming and encouraging to all.
Our vision as parishioners is to become a Parish whose caring for one another in the way Jesus taught us will form the basis of all that we do.
Fr Richard Behan
P.P. Blessington and Valleymount